Sharing Few One Liners complied during course of time, I Keep near my trading desk, to keep myself on Track.
- Let winners run. While momentum is in phase, the market can run much further than might be expected. Do not exit winners without reason!
- Be quick to admit when wrong and get out of position immediately.
- Sometimes a time stop especially when trading in Options is the right solution. If a position is entered, but the anticipated scenario does not develop, then get out.
- Remember: if one thing isn’t happening the other thing probably is.
- Flat/Being Out of Market is also a position.
- Be careful of correlations. Several positions can often equal one large position bearing unacceptable risk.
- The crowd is not always wrong.
- Most trading problems come from an incorrect perception of risk. If you’re trading with an edge, the “risk” of any trade being a loser is not actually a risk at all.
- Intuition is real, but all traders develop it. Intuition, alone, is not an edge.
- Intuition must be trained properly. It is very easy to develop incorrect intuition due to cognitive biases and the nature of the market.
- Mental capital is just as important as financial capital. Protect both.