The National Stock Exchange on Monday announced a slew of changes to its Nifty50 index.
INDEX CHANGES: Aurobindo Pharma, Bharti Infratel To Be Included In Nifty50
INDEX CHANGES: Cairn India, Vedanta & PNB To Be Excluded From Nifty 50 From April 1
INDEX CHANGES: Eicher Motors, Tata Motors Dvr To Be Included In Nifty 50 From Apr 1
INDEX CHANGES: Nifty 50 Index To Have 51 Securities From April 1;No Name Change
Here are few things to know about Tata Motors’ DVRs:
1) DVR stands for Differential Voting Right. Companies issue DVR shares to prevent any hostile takeover and dilution of voting rights. A Tata Motors’ DVR share has 10 per cent voting right as compared to an ordinary Tata Motors’ share.
2) DVRs are suitable for retail investors who are not concerned with voting rights as they don’t intend to influence the decision-making of the management. The same company’s shares are available at a lesser price for the same fundamentals. Tata Motors’ DVRs are currently trading at over 20 per cent discount to Tata Motors shares.
3) Tata Motors’ DVRs fetch higher dividend as compared to ordinary shares of Tata Motors.
4) Tata Motors’ Differential Voting Rights shares will trade in the Nifty in addition to the company’s common shares. The Nifty will therefore have 51 stocks from April 1.
6) Nifty 51 will have both Tata Motors and Tata Motors DVR.
7 scrip addition in F&O
- Cummins India
- Granules India
- Indo Count Ind
- KPIT TECHNOLOGY
- PC Jeweller
- TATA Elexi
- United Sprits
w.e.f 26th February 2016
Also 5 New Indies were launched by NSE
- Nifty Mid Cap 150
- Nifty Small Cap 250
- Nifty Full Mid Cap 100
- Nifty Small Cap 50
- Nifty Full Small Cap 100