I meet and learn from Champion Traders every day. Not just in trading rooms but in Champions of other fileds like Sports,Arts, Music etc. I’ve learned that to be a champion you must Think Like a Champion. Champions think differently than everyone else. They approach their life and work with a different mindset and belief system that separates them from the pack.
1. Champion Trader Expect to Win – When they walk on the court, on the field, into a meeting or in a trading room they expect to win. In fact they are surprised when they don’t win. They expect success and their positive beliefs often lead to positive actions and outcomes. They win in their mind first and rest comes by default.
2. Champion Trader Celebrate the Small Wins – By celebrating the small wins champions gain the confidence to go after the big wins. Big wins and big success happen through the accumulation of many small victories. Its similar to every trade cannot be a blockbuster trade they comes once in a while. This doesn’t mean champions become complacent. Rather, with the right kind of celebration and reinforcement, champions work harder, practice more and believe they can do greater things.
3. Champion Trader Don’t Make Excuses When They Don’t Win – They don’t focus on the faults of others. They focus on what they can do better. They see their mistakes and defeats as opportunities for growth. As a result they become stronger, wiser and better. Champion Traders do not blame market for their losses but introspect within themselves and try to correct mistake and vow not to repeat again.
4. Champion Trader Focus on What They Get To Do, Not What They Have To Do – They see their life and work as a gift not an obligation. They know that if they want to achieve a certain outcome they must commit to and appreciate the process. They may not love every minute of their journey but their attitude and will helps them develop their skill.
5. Champion Trader Believe They Will Experience More Wins in the Future – Their faith is greater than their fear. Their positive energy is greater than the chorus of negativity. Their certainty is greater than all the doubt. Their passion and purpose are greater than their challenges. In spite of their situation champions believe their best days are ahead of them, not behind them.
If you don’t think you have what it takes to be a Champion Trader, think again.
Champion Trader aren’t born. They are shaped and molded.
And as iron sharpens iron you can develop your mindset and the mindset of your team with the right thinking, beliefs and expectations that lead to powerful actions.