Many traders/investors how do not have access to trading terminal during market hours due to office blockage or network issues can use google docs to see live prices of stocks and nifty.
How To use the Google Finance
- Enter the formula into the desired spreadsheet cell: =GoogleFinance(“Symbol”, “Attribute”) where “symbol” represents the stock symbol of the company or mutual fund you’re looking for and “attribute” represents the type of market data that you want information about. If attribute is left blank, the stock price is populated into the cell by default.
For example, if I wanted to find out the 52-week price high for Procter & Gamble stock, I’d enter =GoogleFinance(“PG”, “high52”). Make sure to put quotation marks around both the symbol and the attribute in order for the formula to compute properly.
Here are a few more examples of attributes you can access using the GoogleFinance function:
- price: market price of the stock.
- priceopen: the opening price of the stock for the current day.
- high: the highest price the stock traded for the current day.
- low: the lowest price the stock traded for the current day.
- volume: number of shares traded of this stock for the current day.
- marketcap: the market cap of the stock.
- tradetime: the last time the stock traded.
- datadelay: the delay in the data presented for this stock using the googleFinance() function.
- volumeavg: the average volume for this stock.
- pe: the Price-to-Earnings ratio for this stock.
- eps: the earnings-per-share for this stock.
- high52: the 52-week high for this stock.
- low52: the 52-week low for this stock.
- change: the change in the price of this stock since yesterday’s market close.
- beta: the beta value of this stock.
- changepct: the percentage change in the price of this stock since yesterday’s close.
- closeyest: yesterday’s closing price of this stock.
- shares: the number of shares outstanding of this stock.
- currency: the currency in which this stock is traded.
- With the help of these information you can track almost all stocks on real time.