Let me explain what exactly is GAAR
GAAR (General Anti-Avoidance Rules) is a taxation regulation that will make investors pay tax who otherwise legally avoid it.Under GAAR, the revenue authorities will get to tax transactions or arrangements which were conducted or set up just to get tax benefits.So routing transactions through tax havens like Mauritius for achieving the tax benefit will not be allowed.
Why FII are worried ?
FII invest in india using P-notes P-notes are financial instruments used by investors or hedge funds that are not registered with Sebi to invest in Indian securities. The investor does not have to fulfill KYC (Know Your Client) norms here and gets to invest whatever amount he wants by keeping his own identity hidden.
There is confusion in the market whether the gains from these instruments will also be taxed. Now, with the finance ministry’s statement, there could be temporary relief, but FIIs might not be wholly convinced.
So basically till FM leave P note out of purview of GAAR FII will be happy as they do not have to reassess there taxation strategy and move funds from Mauritius to Singapore.
This was the reason for the Volatility which we are seeing from past 2 days in market and will continue to next 2 days also.
Below is my Interpretation of FII OI data Sheet for 27-Mar-12.
1. FII sold 20515 Contracts of NF worth 555 cores OI also increasing by 70131 contracts.
2. As Nifty Futures was up by 60 points and OI has increased by 70131 contracts means institutions have covered shorts in NF as net OI has risen.
3. Nifty for the 3 day was unable to move above 50 [email protected] Again saving grace comes that Bulls are protecting 200 [email protected] Till Nifty is trading above this level bulls still have a chance for Pullback.
4. Nifty March OI has decreased by 25 lakh .Total OI stands at 1.90 cores contracts. Short covering was seen in NF.
5. The bounce we were seeing in NF from 5190 odd levels and selling pressure from 5295 NF was due to Rollover pressure coupled with short covering. March Nifty was bought and April NF were sold into.
6. Roll Over have started with April NF adding 36 lakhs in OI basically meaning shorts are getting rollovered from March to April. April NF OI is 1.36 cores . 11 lakh fresh shorts were added in April Series . Yesterday we told to keep an eye of 5225 on April NF today low was 5234.
7. Almost 72 Lakh NF got rolloverd in range of 5224-5370 range and we are assuming mostly these are shorts so accept a good move on break of 5224 on downside and 5370 on upside.
8.Total F&O turnover was 2.13 Lakh Cores with total contract traded at 573096.Now this signify morning selling was absorbed by strong hands which led to pullback in afternoon after some clarity on GAAR.
9. In equity FII bought 42 cores and DII sold 290 cores. FII sitting on sidelines till more details emerge on GAAR.
10. 5400 CE is having highest OI of 65 Lakhs but it saw an unwinding of 3 lakhs. 5400 has becomes the ceiling of the market.
11. 5100 PE having highest OI of 89 lakhs . 5200 PE OI is at 62 lakhs. 5200 PE still looks like will protect the bulls.
12. FII Average traded price in futures comes at 5418 which basically means they did lot of day trading today also they have carried shorts for tomorrow. after huge short covering today still this value suggest some shorts were carried forward.
13. Nifty Futures Trend Deciding level is 5234, Trend Changer at 5356 NF (Above this Level Bulls will rule Nifty/Below this levels Bears have upperhand). Not breaking 5177 was the first sign we will have pullback today,Always keep an Eye on Trend deciding level
Buy above 5257 Tgt 5278,5300 and 5327
Sell below 5235 Tgt 5208,5181 and 5153
Let me go by Disclaimer these are my personal views and trade taken on these observation should be traded with strict Sl
To Get Real Time update on Nifty during market hours you can LIKE the page.
Follow on Facebook during Market Hours: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brameshs-Tech/140117182685863