Below is my Interpretation of FII OI data Sheet for 23-Mar-12.
1. FII sold 14228 Contracts of NF worth 391 cores OI also decreasing by 34982 contracts.
2. As Nifty Futures was up by 45 points and OI has increased by 34982 contracts means institutions have added Nifty Future shorts. Swift fall from 5327 NF shorts were added at higher levels.
3. Nifty [email protected],Nifty just closed at it keeping bulls and bears in state of confusion in further trend of market. Nifty has been in range bound direction in whole March month with volatile moves.
4.Average Traded Price of FII comes at 5497 which signify FII have done lot of day treading and carried shorts for Monday. If Monday they cover these shorts we can see a rally in market. Key level to watch is 5320 NS and 5337 NF.
5. Nifty March OI has decreased by 16.58 lakh .Total OI stands at 2.27 cores contracts. 2 lakh contracts were short covered and reaming were rollovered to April Series.
6. Roll Over have started with April NF adding 14.5 lakhs in OI basically meaning shorts are getting rollovered from March to April. April NF OI is 78 Lakhs. Except volatile moves from tomorrow as major rollover should start from tomorrow by institutions.
7. Equity volumes were sub duded today coming to 6688 lakh.
8.Total F&O turnover was 1.69 Lakh Cores with total contract traded at 463368 .Nifty just rose 45 points but we saw a decent volumes means bulls still have stand. Also Bulls were able to protect 5220 NF showing they are making the base strong near sub 5200 levels
9. In equity FII bought 9 cores surprisingly DII bought 186 cores. DII are buying the dip which came in today in morning hours.NAV and Window dressing game has started by DII> lets see will they continue further as Nifty is already up 14% for 1 Quarter of the year.
10. 5500 CE is having highest OI of 68 Lakhs . Fresh addition of 6 lakh was seen in 5300 and 5200CE.
11. 5200 PE having highest OI of 80 lakhs with fresh addition of 12 lakh. Now base of 5200 seems to be in trouble on Thursday , is back as a strong base. As discussed on Thursday analysis i told bounce back should come from 5200 levels and same got materialized on Friday.
12. Feb series saw almost 1.8 cores NF rollover is range of 5500-5600 and as i discussed in my previous post High for this series being 5564 NF.Hence bears have denominated in this series till now. But on other hand bulls were able to protect 200 DMA on Nifty which signify buyers do exist at lower levels. So till 5171 on NS and 5205 NF is protected bias remains bullish. Break of 5205 NF expect a volatile and impulsive down move.Plan your trade accordingly.
13. Nifty Futures Trend Deciding level is 5263, Trend Changer at 5370 NF (Above this Level Bulls will rule Nifty/Below this levels Bears have upperhand).
Let me go by Disclaimer these are my personal views and trade taken on these observation should be traded with strict Sl
To Get Real Time update on Nifty during market hours you can LIKE the page.
Follow on Facebook during Market Hours: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brameshs-Tech/140117182685863